Happy New Year from Wyatt Bicycles! As 2016 comes to an end, I wanted to take some time to thank all of our fans and customers for your support this year. Your passion for seeking adventure has allowed us to continue to grow and we would not be where we are today without your trust and support. Thank you!
I spent some time reflecting on the past year and on some of the awesome partnerships that Wyatt Bicycles had within our community. Here is a year in review at Wyatt Bicycles:
- At the beginning of 2016, Wyatt Bicycles started working with a new powder coating company in La Crosse. We are happy to have Powder by Charles on board and we have big plans ahead in 2017!
- Organic Valley added eight bikes to their fleet and now have a total of 16 Wyatt bikes that allow employees to commute between facilities in Cashton and La Farge, WI.
- Dahl Automotive of La Crosse, WI, Onalaska, WI, and Winona, MN, purchased six custom fat bikes to be used as loaner bikes while customers are getting their cars serviced. We also created a custom Subaru WRX STI bike that is displayed at the Dahl Subaru of La Crosse showroom.
- Wyatt Bicycles partnered with Beer By Bike Brigade (BBBB) to sell raffle tickets at their monthly rides for six custom BBBB bicycles. One bike was raffled off at each ride. Proceeds raised through the raffles were used to fund four bike fixit stations that are located throughout La Crosse. Read the La Crosse Tribune article here. We are looking forward to our continued partnership with Beer By Bike Brigade in 2017! To read more about the great things BBBB is doing for the La Crosse community, check them out here.
- Wyatt Bicycles gave children from Big Brothers Big Sisters in La Crosse a tour of our warehouse and provided some insight on starting a small business and the process of assembling bicycles.
- We attended the Chicago Area Bicycle Dealers Association (CABDA) industry trade show in February 2016.
- Wyatt Bicycles will be featured on a new reality TV show, Ambitious Adventures, featuring local entrepreneurs. Filming took place in October 2016 at the Wyatt Bicycles warehouse in La Crosse.
- We’ve created custom bikes for non-profit organizations to help raise funds for the Hope Lives Foundation, Living for Liz, and Big Brothers Big Sisters organizations.
- We also created a custom Oktoberfest Street King bicycle that was raffled off to raise funds for the Gemütlichkeit Foundation to award scholarships to students at area high schools.
- We added a Brand Ambassador Program and currently have three adventure seekers on board that support and represent the Wyatt brand. Thank you Riley, Chris, and Taylor!
- Wyatt Bicycles partnered with an awesome local company, Predator Camo. Their open pattern technology design will be featured on our new hunting edition bicycles in Spring 2017!
- We remodeled our warehouse to increase efficiency in our process as demand increases. We also added a factory store that sells bicycles, accessories, and bike parts direct to the consumer.
- Participated in many speaking engagements at UW-La Crosse to students in various business classes and to the Collegiate Entrepreneurship Organization (CEO) club.
- Wyatt Bicycles once again partnered with Pearl Street Brewery in La Crosse as a sponsor of the Tour de Pearl. We created our most unique bike yet, the Linalool bike, which featured a custom finish that replicated their Linalool beer bottle label. This custom finish could not have been completed without the talent of Chuck Schlegel from Powder by Charles.
- Due to increased growth, I was able to resign from my full time position at Inland Label in La Crosse on September 30th and begin solely focusing on Wyatt Bicycles full-time.
- We worked with Gear 13 Creative in La Crosse to create a NEW logo that better represents the Wyatt brand and will better adapt to new markets.
- Lastly, with our ongoing mission to eventually manufacture bikes from start to finish in La Crosse, we purchased several pieces of machinery including a tig welder as well as a vertical mill/drill from Baileigh Industrial with plans on receiving more equipment in 2017.
Thank you! We hope you continue to seek your adventure in 2017.