Commissions and payouts
You’ll earn a sweet 5% commission when a customer purchases anything from Wyatt Bicycles using your referral link. Here are some examples:
- When a Driftless sells for $1,600 – you earn $80
- When a Driftless sells for $1,300 – you earn $65
- When a Street King sells for $500 – you earn $25
We pay out ambassador commissions in USD via check in the first week of every month. As we have a 30-day money back guarantee and it usually takes 14 business days for a customer to receive a bike, we only pay commissions that are older than 45 days. The minimum payout balance is $50.00, so you receive a decent chunk of cash when payouts come around. And there’s no maximum payout balance, so go nuts!
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases.
The details in summary:
- You’ll receive a 5% commission for every new sale you refer
- Minimum payout balance of $50.00, and no maximum payout (we pay in USD)
- Commissions older than 45 days will be paid within the first week of each month
- Referrals are paid out via check
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address)
- Shipping costs are excluded from referral calculations
- Taxes are excluded from referral calculations
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase a Wyatt Bicycles product, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Referrals older than 45 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals $50.00 or over). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject ambassador commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Wyatt Agreement.
Ambassador news and updates
By becoming an ambassador you agree to receive emails from Wyatt Bicycles. These emails will be sent to ambassadors only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the Wyatt ambassador program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote Wyatt Bicycles. And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
Ambassador application rejection
We reserve the right to reject ambassador applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for ambassador application rejection. Ambassador applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an ambassador we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote Wyatt Bicycles and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an ambassador and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.