Maverick 7 v2™ is an all-season fat bike capable of handling some of the rowdiest trails around. It rides like a modern trail bike, but with much more confidence, traction, and versatility. Combine the bombproof American-made aluminum frame with the Box Two drivetrain and Wren Inverted Suspension fork and you’ll have the most rad fat bike around.
Is this bike right for you?
If you are looking for a bike that you can ride year round, but don’t want to miss out on the fun of riding in the snow, then the Maverick 7 v2 is designed for you. The progressive frame geometry is optimized to keep you feeling confident in the steep downhill sections and allow you to climb like a mountain goat on those daunting hills. Ultimately, this bike is designed to have fun no matter where or when you ride.
The Maverick 7 v2 American-made frame is the heart and soul of the bike. The low bottom bracket, longer reach, and optimized chainstay length places the rider in the center of the frame creating a better weight balance between the tires patches, which improves cornering, grip, and control. The rear triangle is one of many features that sets the Maverick apart from fat bikes. It has a CNC’d chain stay and seat stay yoke mated to rectangular tubing purposefully designed for added strength and stiffness for optimum power transfer and control.
The Details You’ll Love
- The progressive geometry allows the Maverick 7 v2 to handle like your favorite hardtail, instills confidence, and lets you focus on having fun!
- The incredibly strong CNC machined chainstay and seat stay yokes along with the rectangular tubing significantly enhances bottom bracket stiffness and increases power transfer when pushing on the crank. It also has enough clearance for larger chainrings and tires up to 5″ wide.
- The sliding dropouts allow you to modify the wheelbase distance, use different tire sizes, or ride single speed.
- Internal seat tube routing for dropper seat posts.
- The 120mm Wren Inverted Suspension is super responsive and tuneable.
- The Box Two X-wide range drivetrain shifts like a dream and can handle any hill that you encounter.
- The lightweight 40mm Wren stem and 45mm fork offset is a perfect combination that gives the Maverick extremely responsive handling and control.
- The limited lifetime frame and drivetrain warranty
The bike’s progressive geometry centers the rider’s weight between the front and rear axle–eliminating front-end lift and providing a balanced attack position for both climbs and descents. First, we’ve slacken’d the head angle and extended the frame reach to put the front wheel more in front of the rider. This improves the fork angle of approach to absorb impacts, which in turn increases the fork responsiveness and allows the bike to roll over obstacles easier. Generally, with a slacker head angle, it is harder to steer the bike, but we’ve shortened the stem and decreased the fork offset to provide more direct control of the steering, which allows the rider to maintain better control at lower speeds. Lastly, we positioned the rider in a more central position on the bike by steepening the seat tube angle and lengthening the chainstays. This greatly increases the climbing and traction of the bike by balancing the rider weight over the front and rear tire patches.