Model: Manitou Mastodon Comp – Gen 3
Condition: Brand new in box
The Mastodon is not a modified or repurposed trail fork compatible with large tire dimensions, but rather it is a fatbike fork made to improve any ride regardless of how low or high the numbers on the thermometer read. To create such a dynamic fork required all-environment and all-temperature performance testing that took the R+D staff to some of the most inhospitable testing environments in the world. To earn its place within the Manitou family, the Mastodon passed performance and reliability testing in both real world and lab scenarios at temperatures as low as -40 degrees. The Dorado Air, seals, lubricants, and all other internals are proven for all-weather performance, no matter how extreme on either end of the temperature spectrum.
The Mastodon is available out of the box in 120mm and 100mm configurations. All options are internally adjustable by the rider in 10mm increments with COMP being internally adjustable from 80mm to 140mm.
• 120g of weight savings from the previous model with new crown, legs and internals.
• Expert air allows for internal travel adjustments with no added parts. New travel spacers account for negative air volume change, so the 80mm fork has the same initial stroke feel as the 140mm.
• Expert Air spring systems contain a unique balancing valve that equalizes the positive and negative air chambers during the air fill process. This gives the spring rate a consistent feel without any flat or dead spots in the stroke, along with giving riders of different weights the same initial stroke feel. Expert Air has identical performance to DoradoTM Air in a more cost effective package.
• Incremental Volume Adjust (IVA) modifies the volume in the positive air chamber with self contained spacers dictating the position of the IVA piston. This allows the main air spring ramp-up to be tuned to the rider weight, style and conditions without the need for additional parts.
• Absolute Plus (ABS+) is a shim stack based damper that features external incremental Low Speed compression adjustment.
• New tune increases wheel traction, rider comfort and control.
• New crown is 94g lighter, with increased knob clearance. 44mm offset to match modern fatbike geometry for precise handling and increased traction.
• Front brake routing allows the user to use the same length brake hose from their rigid fork, or other suspension fork. Updated casting with non threaded compression rod holes for ease of service. New arch ribs for increased casting stiffness.
• Tire diameter clearance is 2mm shorter that current EXT model, with a 6mm reduction of axle to crown.
•Wheel Size: 26/27.5″ Fat
•Axle To Crown: 120mm travel – 544mm
•Travel: 120mm internally adjustable in 10mm increments
•Spring: Expert Air w/ IVA
•Rebound Damping: in-leg adjustable TPC
•Adjustments: Air, Air Volume, Rebound, Compression
•Steerer: 1.5″ Tapered
•Crown: Forged Aluminum, Hollow Bore
•Leg Diameter: 34mm
•Leg Material: 6000- Series Straight Wall Aluminum
•Brake Post Mount: 180mm (203mm Max)
•Axle: 15mm x 150mm Hexlock SL
•Max Tire: Size 26×5.05″/27.5×4.5″
You might also like…
$199 – $248
$699 – $749